Thursday, August 21, 2014

Frozen Dames, are ya in?

Sweet'n Lo, our fabulous Prez has decided to go ahead and accept the ALS ice bucket challenge on our behalf. She will be donating cash AND doing the icy dip.

Any ladies who are willing to join in the solidarity, please do so. We will be having a massive upload at 9:55pm, please tag D4D.

Personally, since Christi Michelle has kindly decided to be our figure head for the ALS challenge I'll be forking over some cash to her when I see her later on Saturday. I *know* for a fact I won't have the time to meet the challenge and my wallet's a little low on cash at the moment.

ETA: This is the video I mentioned earlier.

The cynical side of me thought this whole thing was a bunch of hullabaloo but after watching a video from an ALS patient and coming to realize what this disease is about made me cry. I too am having issues with doing simple things, like pulling up my pants, turning the key in the car, brushing my hair and teeth. All this has happened due to an injury and after speaking to my doctor last Tuesday, I should  regain full mobility and strength in my hand at some point. (And it is you Dames, my lovelies, who have kicked me in the rear and showed me that I can and will continue writing despite the pain. I'll find a way if I ever do have permanent issues, damnit!)

ALS patients will not and cannot get better.

So for those of you who have no desire to do a bucket challenge out of privacy or sheer distate of the cold, please follow a long to the ALS website and donate. 

Or, if you'd like, wait along patiently for more details about an upcoming collection on behalf of D4D.

~AnqeIicDemise


1 comment:

  1. if its on saturday me and you can get together after the shoot and just do it at my place the change

    ReplyDelete