Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New for 2015

2014 is almost over. A lot of things have happened in my live; I somehow fell into thise whole D4D thing on accident and I am loving every single moment of it. I have met some amazing women in person and through the virtual world; I can say that each and every one of you has been nothing but inspirational.

I have discovered new passions, rekindled old ones and even discovered a few things about myself that I never would have fathomed. Thanks to Sweet n' Low and Dollface (aka The Prez and VP aka Christi Michelle and Kathryn) I have become a little more self aware of who I am.

Now, I admit I have been rather quiet these last few months. I hate the holidays. I get depressed, emotional and overwhelmed. I tend to sit cry a lot, sleep a lot and binge eat a lot. Its just not a good time for me... I have a hard time getting out of my own head. I swear, if breathing weren't instinctive, I would have died many, many, many years ago out of sheer exhaustion. Its like I have these batteries that keep on going and once 10/31 hits I'm done. I have no energy.

That does not mean I have not been writing. I have and furiously! I just don't know what is actually worthy of being ON the D4D blog or should be moved to my own personal piece of cyberspace not affiliated with the group.

As far as the blog is concerned, I am trying to work out a schedule that is more manageable for me. I'm also including an ever-growing-list of topics into a mason jar to keep me going when I feel like I'm running out of things to say.

Upcoming Projects:

A Dame's Inspiration -- After a Pin up on a Penny event, Danielle was inspired by the different reasons each and every single woman found themselves in that room. She wanted to go ahead and bring that bit of that to our online presence.  Keep an eye out in 2015 for when this project kicks into full gear for a chance to participate. (We're still working out the kinks on this.)

Dames online! -- To keep expanding our internet presence, we will have a twitter handle, manned by yours truly.  This is going to be a cross-referencing platform to unite www.damesfordreams.org, our Facebook account and the blog. Once I get a few things ironed out, I'll debut the twitter feed for all of you to follow. I promise, and you guys know how I am about promises!

We're going into Chapters! -- Since I joined in June,  (wow, six months already), I have seen this group grow immensely. With Kathryn in Georgia and so many of us spread across the PNW, The Prez and VP decide it was time we start growing into chapters to better organize ourselves.  I will be providing more details about this after the next meeting on Jan 6, 2015.

2015 Calendar of Events -- TBA. As soon as this information is available, as always, I will post it here.

-takes a deep breath-

Alright, and to wrap up this post, I will have to swipe this lovely gem from another dame:

Fill your year with things that really matter. Instead of making a resolution about losing weight, going to the gym,  I'm gonna give up xyz come up with a more positive resolution.

"I will give myself 30 minutes to myself to soak in the tub and relax once a week" sounds so much better than "I shall give up coffee for all of 2015".

Shoot, that actually sounds like a fantastic idea! I WILL give myself 30 minutes a week to just pamper myself in a spa at home!

See you gals (and any gents reading this blog with their dames) next year. For once, I am super excited about the upcoming year. Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment