Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Spa Tuesday -- Bubble bath



So, I cheated a little bit this week. I had a Spa Wednesday set up with a few of my friends so we could 'test kitchen' some recipes we've come up with and that failed miserably. Chiefly because I woke up sick and they ahd car problems to get to me. Oh well, shit happens, right?

Anyhow, I DID test a Pinterest recipe for some bubble bath last night with the Manthing. He and I had gotten into a little tiff so as an apology I made him a bath. A bubble bath.. with amazing bubbles that still hung out on the tub LONG AFTER HE WAS DONE.


The tub is half full of water

(And yes, that is a rubber duck on top of the faucet)

He looked so relaxed after the bath that I had to have my own today.  And let me tell you what a blast THAT was. These bubbles don't burst easily so I had a lot of fun fashioning a beard and a giant pompadour for myself. At one point I had my whole face covered in bubbles. My inner 2 year old got a kick out of these.  I was almost tempted to take a few selfies but I refrained. My luck would be that I'd drop my phone or I'd end up flashing a nipple on accident. 

So, I digress. Here is the recipe :

  • 1/2 cup of shampoo. (As a long hair, I hardly  use it and I'm notoriously cheap. A giant family size of shampoo lasts us almost 6 months. Conditioner on the other hand is a different issue.) If you have some high-end shampoo, I'd recommend to go out and buy yourself a bottle of suave. I would NOT be using half a cup of my Loreal Paris cocoa shampoo for this at all (even though I got it for free!) 
  • 3/4 water. (If you plan to bottle this for later, which I intend to do next time, I'd use bottled water)
  • 1/4 tea spoon of salt. 
And that's it. Just mix it all together until it is a thick gel and pour into the tub. It is advisable to mix this stuff with a hand or a foot because the faucet won't do it alone. 

I sat in the tub until the water ran cold playing with the bubbles. It was THAT much fun. Manthing and I were laughing the whole time. (At one point I even made bubble men on his legs since he insisted on soaking his feet in my bath while he kept me company.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment